Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship
For Patient, Provider, and Staff Educational Resources related to the Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship follow these resources:
- Viruses or Bacteria: What’s Got You Sick? - English | Spanish
- Antibiotics are not always the solution - Spanish
- Antibiotic Safety Do’s and Don’ts at the Dentist
- Warfarin - Antibiotic Patient Education
- Sinusitis Patient Education
- Antibiotics Aren’t Always the Answer – CDC Be Antibiotics Aware video
- Video - Your Role in Using an Antibiotic: Be a Partner in Your Healthcare
Use this video in a physician office waiting room to educate patients today!
Want to request a customized video with your organization's logo? Use this form here.
- Prevent HAIs (and use antibiotics appropriately) with these provider education tools on appropriate antibiotic use.
- A Commitment to Our Patients about Antibiotics
- CDC Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work - Adult Treatment Recommendations
- CDC Get Smart – Prescription Pad
- Pediatric Treatment Recommendation
- UCSF – Adults outpatient
- Nursing Home Training Sessions Introduction (Antibiotics, Antibiotic Resistance, Antibiotic Stewardship, C. difficile)
- How to Read and Interpret an Antibiogram (YouTube Video)
- Antimicrobial/Anticoagulant Interaction Reference for Clinicians
- Guide for Nitrofurantoin Product Selection
- Antimicrobial/Anticoagulant Interaction Reference for Community Pharmacists
- Fluoroquinolone Fact Sheet