Meaningful Use of HIT (NY)
As part of The Atlantic Quality Innovation Network (AQIN), IPRO is collaborating with eligible professionals (EPs) in physician offices and eligible hospitals (EHs) with certified electronic record technology (CEHRT) to share best practices and successful interventions in HIT, and to identify and implement solutions to improve quality of care through health information exchange. IPRO is also partnering with the regional extension centers (REC), using goals of the National Quality Strategy, to efficiently and effectively guide EPs and EHs through the stages of adopting and using CEHRT to enhance patient care.
IPRO is providing technical assistance to practices and hospitals (including critical access hospitals) that join the MU-HIT project by:
- Assisting in achieving Meaningful Use stages 1, 2, and 3 in collaboration with regional extension centers.
- Helping to improve EHR adoption, workflow processes, and reporting of clinical measures.
- Collecting, tracking and reporting data through the EHR.
- Collaborating with ACOs and other coordinated care models tested by the CMS Innovation Center.
- Working with providers not eligible for incentives (e.g., behavioral health, post-acute and long-term care providers.
- Sustaining system changes, quality improvement efforts and enhancements in patient care.