What are Clinical Quality Measures (QM)?
As per the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS); Quality Measures are tools that help us measure or quantify healthcare processes, outcomes, resident perceptions, and organizational structure and/or systems that are associated with the ability to provide high-quality health care and/or that relate to one or more quality goals for health care. These goals include: effective, safe, efficient, patient-centered, equitable, and timely care.
The Long Stay Quality Measures are:
- Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury
- Percent of Residents who Self-Report Moderate to Severe Pain
- Percent of High-Risk Residents with Pressure Ulcers
- Percent of Residents Assessed and Appropriately Given the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine
- Percent of Residents Assessed and Appropriately Given the Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Percent of Residents with a Urinary Tract Infection
- Percent of Low-Risk Residents Who Lose Control of Their Bowels or Bladder
- Percent of Residents Who Have/Had a Catheter Inserted and Left in Their Bladder
- Percent of Residents Who Were Physically Restrained (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Whose Need for Help with Activities of Daily Living Has Increased
- Percent of Residents Who Lose Too Much Weight
- Percent of Residents Who Have Depressive Symptoms
- Percent of Long-Stay Residents Who Received An Antipsychotic Medication
What is a Quality Composite Measure Score?
The Quality Composite Measure Score is comprised of thirteen publically reported long-stay quality measures that represent larger systems within the long term care setting. The composite score is calculated by summing the 13 measure numerators to obtain the composite numerator, summing the 13 measure denominators, and multiplying by 100.
Why is the Quality Composite Measure Score Important?
The Quality Composite Score Measure is used to measure progress of QI interventions, identify improvement opportunities, and create QI goals.
For more information on the Quality Composite Measure Score click here.